Thursday, July 1, 2010

A New Rotary Year Starts


The waiting is over, the preparation complete, and it is July 1st - my first day as District Governor for District 5040. It is over two and a half years since I was nominated and now the year has started. I am honoured and humbled to lead our district in 2010-11. We are looking forward to an exciting year.


Last Saturday my club the Rotary Club of Vancouver Chinatown held the Club Installation which included my Installation as DG. PDG Chris Offer did the DG Installation - a very special occasion for both of us. We were honoured to have Rotary friends from England, and the US, long standing non Rotarian friends and Rotarians from other clubs including past and future governors, and incoming club presidents join us for the celebration.

I have also been honoured to attend and participate in a number of club Installations over the last few weeks and several more to come as clubs celebrate the success of the past year and look forward to the new year. I also installed our DGE Hans Doge from the RC of Vancouver Quadra.


Best wishes for a successful Rotary year to all clubs and Districts and all Rotarians as we Build Communities and Bridge Continents.

No comments: